If you have a system that struggles to open the game with higher Graphics Quality settings, you can set it to start with Low Quality settings already in place.
If you play on Steam, this is most easily done by setting a Launch Parameter in the Steam Client.
- In Steam, go to your Library
- Right Click on the game title
- Select Properties
- Click Set Launch Options...
- Paste the following line into the provided text box
- Click OK, then Close.
On a PC
- Open a command line window
- Navigate to the folder containing tld.exe
- Type "tld.exe -graphics-low"
- Open a Terminal window
- Navigate to the folder containing tld.app
- Type "./tld.app/Contents/MacOS/tld -graphics-low"