If the game seems slow or choppy, here are some basics steps you can try to improve performance on your machine. These steps are intended for desktop and laptop computers.
- Check that your Operating System is up to date
- Check that you have the latest drivers for your Graphics Card installed
- Try lowering the graphics quality level in OPTIONS → DISPLAY → QUALITY.
- Lower the Resolution OPTIONS → DISPLAY → RESOLUTION
- If on a laptop, use your Operating System's settings to optimize your graphics and power management settings for gaming
- Some laptops have two video cards. Ensure the more powerful card is used when playing games.
- Play with your laptop connected to power, as playing on battery power can cause performance loss.
- Try disabling Vertical Sync in OPTIONS → DISPLAY→ VERTICAL SYNC